View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2022, 21:38   #16
AlexV70Drive1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoaM View Post
But another respondent made an assumption that it was automatic.

If the vehicle is non-conforming then yes - you do have an initial right to reject within 30 days per the Consumer Rights Act 2015. However the seller can require you to prove that the non-conformance actually exists. (i.e. the burden of proof lies with the consumer in this specific situation - normally the burden lies with the seller for the first 6 months).

If you go down the rejection route I suspect this dealer may do that and try to make things more difficult for you. (Hopefully I'm wrong).

Either way - good luck.

Thank you for your response and to be honest we do really like the car! It’s way ahead of our old V70 in many ways and it’s nice to drive apart from the issues and a few others I haven’t mentioned.

We will only reject the car depending on how the Volvo dealer/service centre handle the issues I’ve been having. If they tell me they’ve fixed something but it’s the exact same as when I dropped it off or tell me they can’t fix it because they don’t see any issues even after I point out that the issues exist then I’ll hand them back the keys and take a cab home from the dealer once they’ve transferred me the deposit I paid them.

I would then go somewhere else and get another XC60 or I’ll get a V60 or V90 because I have seen them around the same price of the XC60 with less miles and a lot more toys on them! Although I don’t miss not having pilot assist or adaptive cruise control but it couldn’t hurt to have them 🙂 also the R Design or inscription seats look much nicer than the momentum spec seats which I am finding uncomfortable but I think it’s because I haven’t found my perfect seating position just yet.
I will make a list of items for them to check/fix while they service it so I don’t forget anything and we can go from there.

If they do help and really try and fix the issues then we will keep it and hopefully have 4+ years of happy motoring.

I will update on Thursday or Friday once they are done and let you know the verdict.

Thanks again.
AlexV70Drive1 is offline   Reply With Quote