View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 22:02   #13
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandoot View Post
Interesting, see my recent thread. Our cars are about the same age and I got this message before Christmas. My dealer investigated and said I needed a new headlight unit, cost approx £900 plus VAT and fitting. I have the Volvo Warranty and I have only just managed to get them to agree to replacement under the warranty. Now waiting for the headlight to arrive from Sweden. It would be rather embarrassing for them if it actually turned out to be a sensor rather than the headlight!
Yowsa! Just read that one: it is properly shocking what warranty companies (including Volvo) will do to weedle out of their responsibilities after taking all our money

I am sure the MotorEasy warranty will be pretty similar (excludes lamps/bulbs): main reason I went with them was that it was almost half the price of the Volvo one, but with this precise risk....& they will have less 'goodwill' in them, no doubt

Might have to take mine down to our local indy Volvo dealer (I need a written quote before MotorEasy will say what they will pay, & my main dealer - who I do like - are over an hour round trip away).

Hey ho....the fun of motor ownership!