View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 16:54   #12
iandoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
Thread resurrection!

I've had the "Headlamp system malfunction Service required" message spring up a few days back
Lights *appear* to work normally. I also have a MotorEasy Warranty, although as with many, they exclude lamps and bulbs....

I vaguely recall having something similar on a Saab many years back (with Xenon lamps - not quite the Active Main Beam magic in my XC60), & it being a sensor which listed at a few £100 (think the garage got a reconditioned one for me!)

Not sure whether my cover will include such a sensor - wording is of course not specific enough, although it does cover "All electrical components
(including electronic components and electronic control units)"

Guess I need to book it in to be looked at first....anyone else here had this, & got an idea of the cost of fixing!?
Interesting, see my recent thread. Our cars are about the same age and I got this message before Christmas. My dealer investigated and said I needed a new headlight unit, cost approx £900 plus VAT and fitting. I have the Volvo Warranty and I have only just managed to get them to agree to replacement under the warranty. Now waiting for the headlight to arrive from Sweden. It would be rather embarrassing for them if it actually turned out to be a sensor rather than the headlight!
The Following User Says Thank You to iandoot For This Useful Post: