View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2022, 17:39   #9
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
In defense of the marque: I don't think Volvos are singular in the capacity to be picky over fancy bulbs.
Sure it's fun to order "whiz-bang" lighting upgrades but you gotta remember the companies spewing out these consumer products have to be slap-dash.
Very little, if any, tech data is revealed.

The products are sold through "no service" systems like Ebay or nameless reselling outfits overseas. All we know for sure is that our credit cards are charged.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but you must maintain scope. Little plastic things containing subassemblies (the LED itself, any housing, any electronics needed for other applications, parts left over from all the junk items they make and that we buy.

You don't think you actually get an engineered product, do you? It's a hodgepodge of industrial floor sweepings.

Hey, I'm so old and jaded I'm happy when a replacement filament bulb lights up.....it means the damn socket is still working.
LEDs are not incandescent bulbs, they are diodes. At best they will have no resistance on your lighting circuit and at worst May overheat and cause damage.

I think if you are going to go LED really you should know the resistance of the filament lamps you had in there originally, the resistance of the LEDs and alter the LEDs to match the filament lamps with resisters (although I am not an auto electrician).

I think really I would give the upgrade a miss unless you wish to invest quite a lot of time potentially.

It’s good to post this thread up as it assists others, thanks.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: