View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 21:36   #5
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfidiousAlgernon View Post
As a 2015 MY First Edition owner, I agree with 2 points that you make.
Firstly, that Volvo market and price the XC90 as a luxury vehicle, which it is not. It's a great looking car, technically advanced, practical, safe, roomy, etc. But its ride and road noise levels are not in the same league as its closest competitors. And this even after I have changed my original 21" wheels for 19" replacements (which has brought some improvement, but shouldn't be necessary in a car at this price).
Secondly, I doubt that either of us will get anywhere with our concerns. I've written directly to Håkan Samuelsson in Gothenburg in a very positive way to ask for his views on the software and noise issues that so many of us seem to be struggling with. There must be a point at which even the most enthusiastic owner starts to ask questions around "fitness for purpose". But my best guess is that there's too much riding on the success of the XC90 for Volvo to admit to any general failings in the car.
I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong, in which case I'll update this forum.
Did the 21 to 19 conversion lead to a step change in noise for you? What tyres are the 19s running?
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote