View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2021, 15:17   #16
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSpearWorks View Post
I think my wandering woes might be attributed to the (?) lower control arm bushings. The look knackered and with the wheels on the ground there’s a definite gap.
I have the parts but I think the nut on the rear end is 21mm, which I don’t have so I’ll order one in.
The aforementioned spaceship bushes! Someone else (think is was Chris aka challo) replicated my experience of not being able to get the front wheels successfully aligned ("tracked") becaue of knackered spaceship bushes.

You'll neet one spaceship bush kit per side (2 bushes, 2 washers, spacer tube and new bolt) and a pot of Loctite 243 and a torque wrench. You'll also need to remove the back end of the radius arm from the chassis so you can check that bush as well - usually they're ok but they eventually wear like all bushes.

The Loctite 243 is threadlock and you will need it for tightening the centre bolt - only fully tighten the bolts when the weight of the car is on the wheels though!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: