View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 10:55   #518
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris152 View Post
Bizarre as it must sound, but I can't fidn the relay! I know what it should look like, I've taken the cover off both sides under the dash, and can't see one, just wires and regular connectors.
It's a 230E, and I don't know what the MY is - is it the type of injection? I don't know that either, I'm afraid.
Slightly embarrassed at how little I know... :-)

eta - if it's any help, it's a 1990 glt.
It seems Volvo decided to hid the fuel pump relay (sometimes also referred to as "Main Relay" under the glovebox in yours Chris :

http://volvoadventures.com/howtodofuelpumprelay.html

Quite a bit of info on there including location and diagnostics. As for MY, it's Model Year which isn't always the same as the registration year. I'm taking a guess here that with the 940 already on the horizon by the time yours was made, not much would have changed from the 1988 model featured in the link above so there's a good chance all of it will be relevant and the MY less so.

There's loads to learn about these beasts, we're all still learning and to be fair, you're still in the first stages of your learning curve so don't feel bad or embarrassed, we all had to start somewhere! Who would have said a year or so back you'd narrow down the FTP (Failure To Proceed) to fuel by using some Easy Start to prove it was only fuel stopping the engine from starting? That alone shows you've already come a long way!

Out of interest, have you tried starting the car since it was repatriated to your drive? If not, give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: