View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 20:39   #13
ferg55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
you select Sport mode by stamping on the accelerator rather than gradually pressing it.
Yes, this does two things: it kickdowns to the next lower gear (or sometimes two gears!) and thereafter will hold each gear higher up the rev range - and that is regardless of how much you are pressing the accelerator. It will do this until you release your foot from the accelerator completely IIRC, at which point it defaults back to normal mode.

Another few Geartronic "hacks":

1) you can force the the box to not change up, even without inducing the above sports mode, simply by gradually depressing the accelerator more and more as you approach the usual change point on the rev counter - you don't have to fully depress it or drive like a loon, just gradually and gently keep depressing it - it makes for a gentle and prolonged surge in power, ideal for overtaking.

2) you can prompt a downshift at any speed by quickly and sharply tapping the accelerator an inch or so down, and returning back to where it was - this won't register with the ECU as you've returned the pedal back to where it was, so the car won't actually accelerate, just downshift.

3) When cornering hard, the gearbox won't change up. The car measures the G-force and determines whether changing up would unsettle the car. (This may just be on 4C equipped cars, but does work in any mode Comfort/Sport/Advanced). I discovered this pulling onto a motorway on a long 180 degree on-slip, I noticed the gearbox held the gear even though I wasn't actually accelerating. I confirmed it in some 4C literature.
ferg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ferg55 For This Useful Post: