View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 11:54   #22
Bernard333
Premier Member

There are sellers on ebay supplying kits for £40 to £70 , I dont trust any of them . They appear to me to be selling cheap sets of parts they have put together from China and East Europe , the price of what they are selling should be £7 not £70 . The suppliers I would like to use but cannot because they will not sell directly to me are 1 Garrett - even if they would sell they charge nearly the price of a new turbo for a few bits and pieces . 2 Diesel Levante Italy - not original Garrett but good quality patten parts 3 Melett in Barnsley - supply to trade only . Try and find a good used turbo at a reasonable price , D5 turbos have sold on ebay for £50 complete so no point trying to repair one if you can get one at that price . Your turbo is worth repairing if its just the oil seals that have failed but if there is damage to the rotor blades then bin it . You will need some good quality torx type bits , not like the ones in photo which are made by Sealey with a lifetime guarantee and sheared off the first time I used them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0962.jpg (209.4 KB, 53 views)
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard333 For This Useful Post: