View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 08:42   #3
rhd443

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybjackson View Post
Dear All,

After 3 years of active use, I am still delighted with my '19 XC40 T4 Inscription.

Wanted to share an unusual issue in case this helps others. Since new, the clutch pedal would randomly not return completely, requiring a nudge with my foot to get it completely back up. I wondered if the cable or fluid mechanism needed attention, or if the clutch itself needed replacing.

What the dealer (Cambridge Garage Petersfield & Havant - who are excellent) diagnosed, thanks also to metal filings in the oil filter, was excessive plan due to worn crank/thrust bearing(s). They duly and efficiently did a bottom end rebuild under warranty.

Whilst I am now nervous about an engine that has had to have such surgery so early in its life, I still like the car enough to be happy to have bought it. I'm surprised that they no longer sell this model.

Having used the replacement B3 as my courtesy car for a week, I would not swap, even for free. The Google dashboard tech is inferior, especially in terms of the instrument cluster display, the available power is less and the fuel consumption not materially better.

Hope this might be useful information.
Did you get your oil sent away for analysis? Might be worth doing it in the next 6 months to see what the engine health is now like.

The labs will tell you if there is anything wrong or causes etc and will give you a good idea of whether to keep it or not.
rhd443 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rhd443 For This Useful Post: