View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2020, 07:59   #1
caspartfg

Default Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control / PA2?

Hi all,

I've been lurking in the forum for a few weeks now. A couple of weeks ago I traded in my 8 year old Porsche Cayenne for a MY19 XC60 Inscription T5.

Clearly I know there is a lot of bias in the forum, but in my opinion the Volvo is easily the better car. The quality of the cabin is better, the ride is smoother and being 8 years younger tech is brilliant. The engine is beautifully smooth most of the time too... I would say the only place the Porsche has the upper hand is when you plant your foot on the "loud" pedal. The T5 lacks the mid-range torque and the gearbox becomes very hesitant if you ask it to kick-down then change up rapidly.... BUT, it's a volvo and I didn't buy it because I wanted a race car --- so i'm super happy and just love "wafting along".......

Anyway, quick question - I love my tech and whilst the car came with Intellisafe (BLISS, Lane Assist, etc), it doesn't have Adaptive Cruise Control and Pilot Assist. I believe I could get this as an upgrade if I wanted to. My question is whether anybody has done this, what it cost and whether they think it's worth it?

Fully appreciate the value of any tech in the car is a personal opinion, but given i'm driving 20 miles each way to work on the A3, it'd probably use it most days.

Thanks all.
caspartfg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to caspartfg For This Useful Post: