View Single Post
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 23:38   #6
Spacemonkey

Have you got an example of the type of wiring? I'd rather have the wire to hand so that I only have to remove everything once...

And today after reading the pdf I realised what sensor 3 did. And I had a thought- what if I simply hadn't opened the boot far enough to engage S3? so I pushed the boot a bit higher and it went. The pressed the yellow button and it burst into life and raised the roof...slightly. Bugger... Roof service warning.. And couldn;t shut the boot or move the roof. Double bugger... Eventually worked out the 'press yellow button for 5 seconds' bit which lowered the roof back into the boot properly. Andf shut the boot. Excellent! But drive off and it starts chiming and shouting out about the roof not being locked. Triple bugger. I open the boot and hold the yellow button and it continues whirring but nothign happens. I'm terrified now that something is breaking, or soon will. This is a modern Volvo after all, not a bombproof 240... Eventually I relent and keep the button held abnd after about 10 seconds of whirring two latches flip down and the whirring stops... and the display is all good. So I fully raise and lower the roof . All good. Drive off- all good... Minor heart attack over. Hope this is useful to someone when they google this in years to come.
Spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacemonkey For This Useful Post: