View Single Post
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 13:46   #8
5cilinder
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalguy View Post
its no imaginary figure i spoke to a proper tuner and someone who knows what these run and they also build their own engines so they know whats inside. its definitely achievable. already got to 250hp 500nm.

buying a car is boring any bugger can do that. not to worry though your wish is my command because my car got smashed into last night in the middle of the night. better get another d5
That 250 hp and 500 nm is that properly dyno tested?(much of those tuning figures turn out a bit lower) If yes, if you want that 300 hp and 600 nm with lets say the same air to fuel ratio as a modest tune
You need 3 bar over pressure which that standard turbo doesnt deliver , and if it did ,i doubt the engine block would like it multiplied with diesel compression and much more heat and extra power stroke pressure.
That leaves skimping on air fuel ratio with overfueling and no air(turbo pressure) riding with massive smoke when that power is generated.
and offcourse your tuner promises some figures if you pay and dont complain if it blows up or wears out .

Ever been on a dragstrip? insane power with insane boost figures with mehanol. those engines blow up regularly or wear extremely if they dont blow up right away.

That power figure has a price beyond that pink cloud
i mean black clouds, fluffed with some tingling bearing sounds

Last edited by 5cilinder; Aug 29th, 2021 at 13:49.
5cilinder is offline   Reply With Quote