View Single Post
Old Feb 27th, 2024, 22:50   #35
MikeyJK

I have a V60 D6 Twin Engine, PoleStar 'engineered'.
Have covered around 15000 miles since acquiring it around 18 months ago. The trips were reset at purchase and the MPG currently sits at 61.7 mpg.
Local operations, around town, are all done on 'Pure' between 3 and 20 miles each time.
Main journeys are up to 40 miles round trips, partial 'Hybrid' but 'Power' at speeds above 30 mph making a lot of use of 'cruise' close to relevant speed limits.
Occasional journeys of up to 300 miles round trips mainly on motorways and major A roads: average of one every month.
Cruising on motorways and watching the 'instant' mpg figure shows anything between 30 and 140 depending on the up or down gradient.
Over all this vehicle is costing me significantly less than my previous vehicle (1.6 Diesel Renault Grand Scenic).
If I get carried away and release all those horses under the bonnet it is a relative 'rocket ship' but knocks that overall mpg figure down by 1 or 2.
I find that using the 'cruise' and letting the computer control the pedal and gearbox optimises fuel usage and selecting 'Pure' around town is better than the default 'Hybrid': the slightest over pressure on the pedal wakes up the diesel unnecessarily. If a real acceleration is called for in Pure the diesel still kicks in and gives one a kick in the backside!

Last edited by MikeyJK; Feb 27th, 2024 at 22:52.
MikeyJK is offline   Reply With Quote