View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 14:44   #38
chemkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
First question that springs to mind is did you get out, lock the car and leave it so for 5 mins after each configuration change? I believe this is an important step and cleared those spurious codes for me after I enabled the steering wheel paddles.

I wonder if maybe your car doesn't have the radar required for ACC? Or do you reckon it should be the same hardware you already have for collision avoidance?

Fascinating to hear that you got a button in sensus for drive modes even though you don't have the roller wheel by the parking brake switch. I haven't had a chance to fit my drive mode switch yet. I'm up the walls with work at the moment.

Vdash crew got back to me and have told me they have enabled expert feature although I haven't checked yet. I'm looking forward to that.

I will also try to add blind spot alert and cross traffic alert if I can figure out the hardware needed. I have all around parking sensors so I think I might actually be equipped apart from the wing mirrors with the warning lights which I don't have.
I did do the lockout procedure. I got out, locked the vehicle, walked far far away for at least 5 minutes - the errors remained.

I do have the camera and radar unit needed for ACC (P/N 31400839). It's in the Intellisense cluster by the rear view mirror.

I'm reading a thread on Swedespeed right now about someone with an SPA vehicle who made changes in VDASH - they're talking about how VDASH merely modifies the code in our Volvos then VIDA will recognize the attributed features to allow for uploading the software needed for the modified module. So maybe after changing the code in VDASH, I need to download the software for the modules I changed in VIDA.

I'm considering purchasing the drive mode selector switch and changing the configuration again in VDASH then loading the software via VIDA. I believe that's what has to happen, though I'm not sure why your errors disappeared when you installed the shift paddles? I do find it odd how there are a few configurations on the front page of VDASH then everything else is in another menu - maybe VDASH includes the software for those configurations? Idk.

I'm going to continue to research then I might try again and go into VIDA to see what's what.