View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 18:17   #16
Ollly244dl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugjam1999 View Post
Here are a couple of threads that may be of interest:

I wrote this overview guide on how to turbo a 240 in the UK

Here is my turbo 240 project thread

Swapping to a turbo engine from a 940 is a simple and reliable engine swap and with a few modifications (bigger turbo, decent intercooler etc.) it will happily and reliably produce 200-250bhp.

Beware though, there isn't really a cheap way carrying out the swap - the cheapest way is to buy a complete 940 turbo car and break it, allowing you to recoup some or all of the costs, but that requires the space and time to do so. The alternative is buying a loose engine from someone but that will cost more. After the swap fuel costs and the cost of insurance will go up.

I'm not trying to put you off, just making sure you're aware of the costs involved. I priced up a swap for someone recently and we reckoned you could manage it for about a grand, but that's an approximate figure and would go down a bit if you break a 940 to recover some costs, you can weld and fabricate so you could make bits like the exhaust downpipe instead of buying them etc. etc.

Since you've just got the car one obvious approach would be to get it running well as it is, lower it, and then drive it a bit to make sure you like it before jumping into the swap.

Cheers
Cheers for this, very helpful.

Sadly I dont have the space for a doner car but wouldn't be looking to start until a year or so down the line.
Ollly244dl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ollly244dl For This Useful Post: