Thread: V50 Electrics : - Battery power cable fuse blown
View Single Post
Old Mar 15th, 2021, 15:19   #3
chriscs40

I had the exact same problem on my '06 S40 2.0D - Starter motor was gone on mine and caused the Inline Cable/fuse to blow. Both had to be replaced on my car, its the second time the starter motor had to be replaced, but I have huge mileage put up on my car so I can't complain. Those inline cable fuses aren't cheap. As the other poster mentioned they could be made up cheaper if you know someone who knows waht they are doing, but I needed my car back so just went with the main dealer part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_yin View Post
Hi

I have 2006 Volvo v50 2.0D.

Two weeks ago the fuse that is in the positive cable failed, so when you start the engine you only hear a click and nothing else happens.

It is the cable that runs from the battery to the starter motor to the alternator. I blew whilst it was at the garage for it's MOT so they had to fix this first before they could do the MOT. The fuse can not be replaced on it's own and you have to replace the whole cable.

It has now blown again and and am awaiting a replacement, and have replaced the starter motor, just to be sure that that is not going to be the cause, as one of the connection points was not very good, but question is, could a faulty alternator blow this fuse as well, and is there a way to test this before I blow another fuse?
chriscs40 is offline   Reply With Quote