View Single Post
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 13:01   #9
crcowley

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Bob!

I've just been outside to have a look following our correspondence, and think I am getting a clearer picture of the PCV situation........I will try & get to that this week if possible.

All in all, the car is structurally very good (I recently had a lot of welding done on both front sides of the floor due to rust in the usual places); my known two issues to address are the power steering, which suddenly became heavy & awkward (I don't know yet if that if that is due to the pump, belts or rack - would you know what is the correct fluid to use, as the stuff in there is a brownish red which has been there for years), and also my speedo has packed up although it intermittently used to jump back into life! This could be due to a disrupted connection, as I fitted a new fan heater motor at one point. Other than that, just brakes....when I took the wheels off I was greeted with 4 matching rust balls, so that should be fun when I get to them!!! I think the suspension is all in good shape....I may take apart to clean up and replace some of the bushes, though.

Hopefully I will be able to take it along to one of the meet-ups one day!

All the best.

Charles.
crcowley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crcowley For This Useful Post: