View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 13:23   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean View Post
Hi all,

My XC60 (late 2017 plate) of which I have done 24k miles. It broke down last week and was recovered via volvo assistance. It's been serviced via volvo dealer and was within the service period (next one due in around 11k miles or so I think) but the warranty had lapsed.

I've been told I need a new engine which is going to cost 9k. Volvo customer service have agreed to pay 50% of the cost - but obviously leaves me with a 4.5k cost. Am i wrong to think that even if it's out of warranty I should be able to expect the car engine to last more than 24k. This is the report I've been given. Can't help feel that a car that cost me 45k + should not be having an engine fail when it's been serviced regardless it being out of warranty?

Any help / advice appreciated
Thanks

Vehicle recovered in as non-runner. Carried out initial test and found plug number 1 covered in oil with

Fault code ECM-P0300 cylinder number 1 misfire.

Checked and found no compression on cylinder 1.

Checked with camera scope and found piston wet/oily.

Suspect requires new engine.
Firstly piston 1 oily and loss of compression does not mean new engine conclusively. There are multiple reasons that could happen so further investigation is needed.

With my Volvo now at 110,000 miles I feel it’s run in. 25k is not sufficient and you shouldn’t have to pay.

Get onto Volvo U.K.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: