View Single Post
Old Jun 29th, 2022, 23:11   #1
Emptyquarter
Mediterranean V40

Default v40 2002 1.8 GDI Stolen Catalytic converter - help

Hi , wonder if anybody can help . Had my cat stolen whilst car parked at the station (broad daylight) here in Madrid.. yes, everbody was on their siesta!! . I managed to find a replacement cat for the car in the UK (CATMAN, Southampton) and had it shipped over ( long story .. Brexit etc). Car runs perfectly and was lucky that both oxygen sensors were spared. The only snag is that on this model there is an additional sensor (temperature sensor volvo part 30875685 / 9445664) that goes into cat itself. This disappeared along with the cat and I cant find the part. The engine management sensor is permanently on as it recognises it is missing. This is an MOT failure here in Madrid, and the test date is due soon. Does anybody know where I can source this part? - Volvo here in MAdrid said it was no longer available , but I am sure there must be a solution. This GDI is a Mitsubishi engine. The car is 20 years old I know but it runs so well and would like to keep this "youngtimer" on the road. Thank you for your suggestions and interest .
Emptyquarter is offline   Reply With Quote