View Single Post
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 09:13   #4
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

You can’t fit Xenon headlights unfortunately, the guts are missing to operate the alignment systems (post 2007 MY had active bending lights) and the electrical switching method which is programmed into the CEM at manufacture is different so at best will generate dashboard messages and error codes, if they work at all without flickering.

Some of the better H7 retro fit HID kits do work well but they are not legal and an MOT fail.

Your best option is upgraded halogen bulbs such as Osram Nightbreaker Umlimited. Keep spares in the car though as they only last about 50% of the life of a normal lamp.

You should aim to change the gearbox oil around every 50-70k for normal driving, every 36k if you do heavy towing. There is no doubt about that, you will notice smoother changes and other improvements, it prolongs the life of the gearbox in most cases. It’s easy to do at home as a series of sump dumps, plenty of info on here as to how to do that and where to get the oil at reasonable cost (not Halfords.....). Other manufacturers that use the same gearbox schedule fluid changes - it’s used in some Jaguar, Land Rover, Vauxhall, Saab and even the BMW I8.

With regards to an all season tyre, I would say the Cross Climates are probably the highest regarded all season tyre by members on hear and you will notice improvements on the EcoContacts which last a long time but few other positives.

Welcome and enjoy!
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Dec 15th, 2019 at 09:19.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post: