View Single Post
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 06:16   #2
Odysseus

Congratulations on your purchase Alain and the car sounds great.

I’ve no idea on retrofitting xenon lights but sounds potentially complicated. Another cheaper option might be to upgrade the bulbs and/polish the headlight lenses.

I don’t have front parking sensors either and it annoys me. Why do I have massaging seats but no parking sensors?! I’ll be interested to hear if there’s a good/cheap/easy solution to this.

Gearbox oil change question is tricky. My firm instinct was to have mine changed but two trusted Volvo independents have cautioned against this, so who knows? High mileage not withstanding I think my XC90 has led a pretty easy life - no towing or drag racing - so maybe that’s a factor? Like I said, instinct said change, experts (who would make money off the oil change) said don’t. For now I haven’t touched it.

What side steps did you order?

I’m thinking Michelin Cross Climates for my next tyres.

You’ll pay a lot to keep that Volvo main dealer history intact. If I were you I’d find a good independent and use them instead. Anyone in the know will see their stamp as being just as good as a Volvo one and you’ll save hundreds of pounds, definitely offsetting any additional depreciation.

Do you have OneDrive? I link to my phone photos from OneDrive and you can choose the size to display.

Congratulations again on the car and hope it serves you and your family well.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odysseus For This Useful Post: