View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 11:49   #19
bogart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
Get used to high prices on late model cars, the main long term reason is the increase in cost of new cars due to needing to fund electric and hybrid versions. Everything we buy is going to cost more in the next 18 months due to the increase in cost in hassle in moving stuff around the globe, add in to that the hopefully short term covid issues.

BTW an XC70 has the same auto gearbox and AWD system as your Freelander. XC70 prices are at a premium currently and are likely to stay there as the V90 CC hasn’t been nearly as popular and there just isn’t the supply of 2-3 year old cars.

You are likely to find the XC70 improvement to the Freelander in nearly all areas except off road which you don’t need. I doubt you will be disappointed. SE LUX spec with D5 engine the way to go - xenon headlights and tft dashboard very desirable.
Lots of people slag off LR but I must say in the 6 years I have had the Freelander the Gearbox and the 4WD have been faultless. More maintenance re Haldex etc but that is how it is.
I have been looking at specs as seems SE LUX is the way to go . Am still confused sometimes seeing SE LUX NAV as if the SE LUX does not have satnav.
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote