View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2020, 10:53   #16
Wonko

Thanks, both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oragex View Post
Could it be a blown CCM thermistor ? The power steering is working fine ?
I don't think so because the temperature readings are coherent. Power steering is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Test View Post
If all that is so, it would suggest to me that it is possible that you have no refrigerant in the system and that the pressure switch is giving an incorrect reading (stuck, wiring fault etc.), which enables the compressor to keep cycling whilst empty.

When you were monitoring the pressure in Vida, did you see any major fluctuations as the compressor cycled? Can you read the return line and/or cooling coil temperature (I *think* I have seen this sensor data in VIDA for at least one Volvo I've owned but can't remember which model) to check the lines aren't cooling?
My first thought was that I had managed to get a hole in the condenser then the alternator thing happened just afterwards which makes me suspect it's linked but it could just be a nasty coincidence. Exceedingly hot day might have caused both to fail in a short period?

The measured pressure varies a little, depending on duty cycle, which makes me think that the pressure sensor is giving coherent values.

I didn't see that additional data in the available Vida readings for the AC, but I will have another look.

I'm going to replace the alternator first and see what happens. Anyone have a source for discounted OE parts?