View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 21:10   #3
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

I bought mine 5 years ago when it was rather new. I was offered a very good deal in 2018 on the new model and test drove it (brand new).

The later model pilot assist 2 was wonderful however…..

The mk1 to me is very characterful and very utility based whilst doing a fine job of being a luxuary car. The mk2 was however very very car like and I didn’t really fancy it…

The £17,000 will be the start of it (£10,000 saving!). What is going to go wrong on a late mode 2012 mk1? Not much.

The D5 engine is extremly reliable, and if you change the gear box and AOC pump oil you do not really have a great deal of expensive repairs. Service parts are very cheap also.

The Mk2 starts to get sensors in the windscreen, power pulse garbage etc etc.

I think you will save £10,000 on the purchase, have a much lower milage vehicle and have lower maintenance and repair bills.

There is of course 1 other fact that may be important to you. A 2018 mk2 has really wonderful tech! The mk1 will have blue tooth connectivity and a say nav system which will never really work as well as your phone. Also a 3” screen.

I think the 2012 models (all mk1 really) are very basic and we’re even basic back in 2012 with regards to technology.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: