View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2021, 22:21   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortos View Post
Thanks Dave. You’re a star. Very much appreciated. All sounds like great advice. A nice little project for me.

Over the past 10/15 years or so I’ve had so many different Volvos, all bought in varying states of maintenance and repair and I have always been able to rely on this Forum to give completely brilliant advice freely and without any form of judgement. It’s chiefly down to this forum and its knowledge that has meant I have never had to take any of my cars to a garage or mechanic (save for MOTs) and has probably saved me 100s if not 1000s over the years.
You're welcome Matt, good luck with it, take your time when you do it and be careful when you refit the inlet manifold to ensure the throttle body engages all the way round with the rubber sock and that you tighten the big Jubilee clip tightly. As previously mentioned, any leaks between the throttle body and fuel distributor and you'll have running problems.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote