View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 13:09   #23
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Hi, 'Jjlg2468', did you manage to find a suitable car? 'MiniNinjaRob's offer (Post #14 above) looked promising. You could do a lot worse than buy a car through this forum, not least because of the potential help and support of members and their accumulated knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for the type of cars that they drive.

It really doesn't matter what you refer to them as; 'wagons', 'estates', 'brakes', 'combis', or any other term, so long as people understand what you mean.

Interestingly, and a name not thus far mentioned, Volvo themselves referred to the Amazon wagon/estate in it's homeland as a HerrgÅrdsvagn, or HGV for short, which really could get confusing ! It translates literally as a Manor Wagon, so is not that great a leap from our Estate Car!

Having said all that, perhaps what is needed is a universal internationally understood term for the breed - I think 'Combi' would be my choice.

I hope you quickly find a car that suits your requirements and budget, and that you go on to appreciate the forum's undoubted support and camaraderie - please don't let our playful badinage put you off!

Regards, John.