View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 10:52   #25
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Quote:
I recently bought a simple tester for about a fiver on ebay, it's a simple go/no-go tester with half a dozen LEDs, first shows it's working, next few show from 0% to 5% in 1% stages of contamination (presumably water as that will alter the intrinsic resistance of the fluid) and by the time it's reading 5% the last two LEDs are red - red for danger and the "suggestion" in the instructions is that 2% or more, change the fluid!

If you prefer, yet a standard multimeter does the same. Spend the money on fluid, and at two years do it anyway. Leave race-fluids or so called high-performance stuff out of it. They suck-up water so well they want doing in months, or ideally each race. For road-use they're worse. And when they're not doing that, going to neat acid, all that water boils. Ouch. Cheap is actually best.

Quote:
I've been told by reliable sources that common practice in a dealer service is to suck out the fluid from the reservoir and replace with fresh fluid, which indeed would be quick and cheap.
Excuse my cynicism.... Told... told? Turkey-baster, 5 mins. and a bill. The public gets what the public wants. An hour's work, or five minutes? Well now, that's a hard one. Now, let me see...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turkey baster.jpg (14.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Sep 12th, 2021 at 11:24.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: