View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 13:08   #5
Sandiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
My dad’s V70 had the same problem recently... the boot would open with the key & interior switch, but not with the latch.

A used lock or micro switch as they’re known as solved the issue. New was too expensive, so used was the only option (Used £120, new £300+).

Note - You have to buy a lock for a car with an auto tailgate. If you buy a manual lock, the boot will still close with the button, but it won’t drag itself into the fully closed position & you might have to push the boot just before it catches, otherwise you get a door open warning. Auto locks have a wire that basically tensions to pull the boot lid for you, manual ones don’t. So if you have an auto boot, buy an auto lock with the tensioning mechanism. If you had a manual boot, a manual lock will be fine.

Its not the end of the world fitting a manual lock to an auto boot (it can be done), but just keep what I’ve said in mind.
Faulty Micro switch should not work if it is faulty, when the trunk is already open-would it?
It only does not work when the trunk is fully closed but if I open it from the key or button in the interior and then lower the trunk manually, then a button (micro switch) to open the trunk is working and rises it up. The closing button works with no problem if you meant that. Thank you
Sandiss is offline   Reply With Quote