View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 21:49   #1
Sandiss

Default 2009 XC60 tailgate issue and key distance

Hi. I did searched the forum before making this thread so please excuse me if it actually was hidden somewhere.
I’m new to volvo and hence not familiar with all the small glitches so hopping someone had/has same or similar issues and will help me out.
1. The auto boot is not unlocking/opening from the button on the boot. Opens ok from the remote and from the interior button. Have checked the switch and cables around the switch but not all the way to the fuse box as did not had time at that point. What is strange-is that when the boot is opened and lowered manually (had to do that to get to all bolts to remove switch) it does rises the trunk but only when already opened. So I assume that it might be something to do with the unlocking the latch when it is in closed position. But not sure what exactly… all fuses are good.
2. Remote control is only able to unlock the car or basically it works only when i standing just next to the vehicle. Have fitted new Duracell batteries and it improved the distance to around 3 feet from the vehicle but even then not always working on the first press. All contacts are cleaned and the remote looks intact so really don’t have a clue of what it could be. My previous cars remote was working from around 10m easy…any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you and please do not send me to dealers as that is not a option for now.
Sandiss is offline   Reply With Quote