View Single Post
Old Jun 7th, 2021, 19:53   #36
gmonag
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltec View Post
If it needs discs and pads front and back and shoes due to not being genuine and throwing away good ones just because they are not genuine hoping it'll improve brakes it'll be a lot more than £20. I think you better add another 0 to that.
I've never heard of an accident due to non genuine pads not braking enough.
You think to listen to you that non genuine pads was some homemade lump of steel. Its like saying you can only fit the same brand tyre volvo put on her new.
It became a lot more than pads when someone said the xc90 wouldn't cope with non genuine parts.
Its ferodo i normally fit if needed. They are probably used as genuine brake pads in more car manufacturers than the volvo ones. No reason xc90s shouldn't get perfect brakes from pads like these. I've fitted hundreds and never had a customer complain of brake performance.
If everything is free and working as should but still poor performance and your trying to buy genuine pads to get a bit more then its a bad design, not a fault of the pads.
I disagree completely. The brakes are just fine if genuine items are used. When I bought mine, it had aftermarket parts and the brakes were noisy and inefficient. I replace with genuine and no problems ever again. You are just plain wrong.