View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2024, 20:46   #27
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelper85 View Post
So the car has been in at the dealers, however even more faults occurred before it went in:

1. Boot kick gesture stopped working (could well be related to keyless entry not working properly)

2. Sensus had a complete meltdown as I tried to change profiles. Became completely unresponsive and wouldn't bring up 360 camera after it finally came back online.

3. Auto heated seats and steering wheel coming on when they shouldn't

4. Off-Road mode not fully raising car via air suspension but then does as you're driving down the road, and for some reason it's started showing the air suspension moving when in Hybrid mode as well.

5. Pilot assist keeps disengaging without any audible warning or cluster warning, so it's fully green going down the motorway with perfect vision and lines, then just lets go.

6. The juddering/imbalance when setting off is getting more noticeable, especially uphill. It's like the flywheel is temporarily out of balance but clearly it's not that, it's just feels like a rotating mass is out of balance.

Here's what they found:

The preconditioning fault was because the system had locked the fuel fired heater out (it's not high-voltage electric heater on the Hybrid apparently, or at least the T8). Now the dealer said this was very strange but this could be because of low fuel, however I said that surely a system lockout is due to a critical fault or an anomaly has been detected, not because the fuel supply is low as all the system would need to do is turn off pre-conditioning and alert the driver/owner, not fully lock the system out because the only way it can be unlocked is via VIDA at the dealers!

They have unlocked the system and tested it, and it's working, so I'll test it today, however the fuel is due to go low-level state today/tomorrow and I'm going to let it go low to then see what happens. I'll let you know.

As for the other faults (and they said there were a ridiculous amount), they have done a full system upgrade which apparently took 3.5 hours to complete and only flagged as being required the day I took it in. Call me a cynic, but the car has been in probably 8-9 times to them and the day I take it in with all these faults is the day the car says 'oh yes, I need a full software upgrade' . . .

Maybe they are telling the truth as they said every time the car comes in it's checked for updates, or maybe the updates were showing but never applied, I mean I'm taking their word they actually did a fully system update taking 3.5 hours, who knows!

They said the update cleared all the faults, but in my mind the update would have self-reset the faults anyway, but I've agreed to stress-test it and see what faults (if any) return.

I'll keep you posted!
Forgot to mention, both rear boot struts had failed. So the left one I said was sounding terrible like it was grinding gears internally and dragging, but it turns out the right one was also in bad shape which explains why sometimes it would attempt to open then bleep in alarm! Got to take it back in next week to have new struts fitted as they're coming from Sweden apparently.

And another fault as well which I haven't mentioned:

I've noticed that when I get in the volume is always down to zero and muted even if the car was left with the volume up and media playing. Tried saving profiles with the settings correct, but makes no difference. Was working fine one day and not the next. I shall be making them aware of this when it goes in next week for the strut replacements!

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote