View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2022, 11:08   #4
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Eight50

You're wasting you breath explainibg how LPG works to our friend... to the issue:

Unless you're minded to find some bloke under a railway-arch to lash it in, why? Near, save a very few bits. this is a fresh install.

It seems you 'drive' thus for you LPG works. If you'd said you were going to do you own install, maybe a parts migration would work well. But you're not.

The work here is in the plumbing/wiring/config etc. You want to drag all that from the old car? The cost is the labour, not parts. You'll lose as much as you gain.
Over doing it yourself, if you're expecting to pay for the work, its set to cost you as much or more, and very likely be worse for the trouble.

You'll finish-up with a mess, the sort of thing LPG gained a reputation for. We've all heard of them - yet another lousy on-the-cheap install that never quite works.

XC90Mk1 has past-form knocking LPG, however on this route you'll set to confirm every 'my mate said' urban-myth. You're set for tales of woe, and to prove him right - stuff of XC90Mk1's wet-dreams.

It dosn't sound like it's a option for blokes like you, it's a complex subject - yet on your miles and if you are that way inclined, throw some spanners and look to CNG? Either way, on LPG you do miles like me. And as me,you've been doing this for 10-15 years, you're £15-20,000 in pocket over other fuels. I can't think, apart form my house-purcahse of any other time I've had cash shovellled in large anounts my way for being sat on my fat backside?

Not least when we sailed past queues in the 'shortages'

By all means, migrate the tank and mountings, maybe the reducer/vapouriser (likely not)/doubtful the ECU/ maybe the inlet manifold and injectors - the rest new.

Get the install 'right' , thus do enough work on finding the right installer, on a car that can't depreciate, and carry on.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Mar 14th, 2022 at 11:46.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: