View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2022, 10:28   #3
Eight50

Default Worth it….yes

I get what your saying but LPG is certainly worth it financially to me personally.
I’ve been doing 800+ miles per week at between 62 and 69pence per litre up until last week.
I get on average 220-230 miles for around £27-£30 per fill.
Car does around 30mpg as my 120 mile round trip daily is 90% motorway.
In short every litre of lpg gas I put in car saves me £1 per litre,remember I pay less than 70 pence per litre instead of £1.70(due to current political/greedy oil and gas producers using war to profit )soon to be well over £2 a litre minimum.
I pass 3 lpg stations that are on my direct route so that’s not an issue.
Yes they are getting phased out slowly but on a car that costs around £1500 to convert it it would only take me around 4 months to cover cost of installation so unless lpg gets phased out in next 4 months it’s winner winner chicken dinner for me.
The v70 lpg that just died paid for itself a while ago in fuel savings and I still have option of recycling/transferring it to the 850 and get the scrap value for it too,say £200,more if I broke it.
Also it was quite a relief when we had the scaremongering earlier this year over non existent fuel shortages and people panic buying and petrol stations selling out.I could drive up to the LPG with nobody using it ,no queuing and fill up for a discount.
What’s not to like about LPG?
People say it wrecks the engine,my car died because of snapped cam belt I’m pretty sure,well AA patrol thought it was that anyway.
Also let’s remember we’re talking about a car I paid around a grand for,it’s not a financed up £30,000 motor that I don’t even own outright (that’s not a dig at you obviously &#128580
Eight50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eight50 For This Useful Post: