View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2021, 01:58   #12
andrewc1267
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo6 View Post
I mean I would rather it did not go for parts, would be nice to see someone spend the money on the body but ultimately I know I don't have any control over what a buyer might do with it.

I am a bit tempted to keep it, but the various car projects have become completely out of control during lockdown and it is time for reality to bite! My dad wants something smaller and younger so it kind of needs to go.

It's not a car I would ever recommend with a straight face that someone buy, because they can be terrible money pits, but fingers crossed ours is actually not bad, largely because it has had quite a bit spent on it. Drives like a lorry and c.18 MPG but somehow they make more sense as a classic than they did when new - Land Rover's last new design with the Rover V8 and ladder chassis before the Germans and sanity hauled them into the 21st century.
If your tempted to keep it do that generally if these are well maintained they provide years of trouble free motoring yes they can be a bit thirsty but they are pretty nippy for such a large vehicle and very strong in a collision something that has always been important to me having 3 young children
andrewc1267 is offline   Reply With Quote