View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2021, 21:17   #10
Dazza95

I agree with most of what has been said already. I bought my 2006 S60 D5 with 122k miles on it at the start if 2018 for just under £2000; knowing that some work would be needed to get it up to my standard. I've done over 90k miles now without too many issues. The two major repairs I have done are a new steering rack and a replacement swirl flap assembly. Everything else has just been general wear and tear or service items.

One of the best things for me is how planted and relaxed it feels on motorways; with cruise control it really is fantastic. The climate control system is also excellent - I leave mine in Auto and very rarely make any adjustments.

Downsides for me:

- Fragile stereo, I had to get it repaired which I understand is a common issue.
- Few rattles from the interior which means I have bits of foam stuffed in various places to silence them.
- It once left me stranded when the turbo resonator pipe blew off. No more problems since being replaced with an aftermarket silicone hose for less than £30.
- Healthy appetite for rear brake calipers.

Unfrotunately, I am now looking at a more modern replacement – the introduction of a clean air zone in the area where most of my work will mean it's not financially viable to keep running the vehicle.
Dazza95 is offline   Reply With Quote