View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2021, 23:55   #2
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

for me, newer and newer cars are increasingly more and more of a pain in the arse with unnecessary electronics and so on, personally if it was up to me everything would be really basic and still on carbs and a coil pack

but the cars that ARE like that are getting older and older and I haven't got time to deal with the rust/rubber degrading issues, not for a daily driver

combine that with the requirements for carting kids around, loading up the boot, still looking fairly stylish and having a decent bit of oomph I was pretty much left with a middle-aged Volvo as the main contender

whatever car I get I always do a few minor tweaks and fairly regular maintenance, I get embarrassed if the MOT guy finds something I didn't spot. and add in the fact this is the most money I've spent on a car myself it's a bit of a case of in for a penny in for a pound, I have to keep it running long enough to warrant the outlay

I'm pretty much done with mine though now barring any future problems, so my efforts can go on something older as a project, me and my dad are looking at possibly an old landrover, or he saw a Hillman imp he liked, or I was eyeing up an old vauxhall viva.. tbc

bottom line, older cars are just cooler

-------------------------
mini project - link
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stuart bowes For This Useful Post: