View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 16:12   #35
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry4myEglish View Post
Front O2 sensor is original volvo part as well as the plugs. If i remember correctly the rear O2 sensor only checks that he catalysator is working properly.

Ive heard the same, original parts funk the best.
You are correct about the second O2 sensor BUT it doesn`t ONLY work on it`s own to check the cat., people tend to forget that this sensor also sends messages and sort of reports back to the first sensor all signals it picks up, it works not just on it`s own but in conjunction with one another to get the best air/fuel mix correct etc.

I know we are picking at minor things but who would think only a Volvo plug would not give problems?

If you have to get to the cause of the problem, one has to cover all eventualities.

I had one problem with my `98 T4 .....it would not idle smoothly, but when i turned on the AC it was fine.....whether it was the size of the standard injectors who know`s (they are meant to be too small for the power it gives so work on a higher working percentage rate).....but of course turning on the AC gave the engine a richer mixture to keep the idle revs at 750 and idles really well until it was turned off........i never found out the reason.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Last edited by 960kg; Jul 11th, 2012 at 16:19.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote