View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2021, 23:33   #17
ca2n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
Looks like a pin hole in the thermostat housing?

A thermostat is easy to replace on the euro 3.
It does, yeah. It seems that access to the bottom bolt of the thermostat housing is a bit tight and involves moving the power steering components, aux belt, etc. out of the way, something I don't have a problem with; it's the putting things back together that gets me nervous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
The FPR does sound suspect though so perhaps check Vida Information >Specifications Electrical for the available data to compare.
It seems there is a resistance measurement that can be made; should be around 3 ohms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
I have a brand new Wahler Thermostat, housing and coolant temperature sensor unit you could have for £75 delivered.
My local Volvo dealership wanted £104 for it and were happy to have it ready for me sometime in May. I followed a link you posted on another thread and was just about to purchase it. I'm happy to take you up on your offer. PM incoming!
On another note, what do you guys think about using a primer bulb on the inlet line to the HP pump to prime it, as opposed to pulling vacuum on the return line. Something like this, perhaps with some clear tubing:

Last edited by ca2n; Apr 20th, 2021 at 23:34. Reason: typo
ca2n is offline   Reply With Quote