View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2021, 00:08   #14
ca2n

Today I managed to replicate the problem with VIDA connected.

As VIDA allows a higher data sampling rate from the sensors (compared to my ELM327 + Torque Pro setup), I thought it might give better insight.

As before, the engine would cut out seemingly randomly, but only once it had well reached operating temperature and only at low revs.

Below is the data from the run. The engine cut out whilst I was doing a 3-point turn (well, it's a P2, so more a 7-point turn ). Two stutters and the engine cut off. The FPR current shoots up immediately after ignition is cut, and stays that way until the key is cycled from Pos 0 to Pos II. As with previous occurrences, starting always 1st time with the key.

EDIT: Just noticed how the FPR current dropped "one grid line" during the engine stutter and cut out and increased again after the engine started again. FPR current would only reduce that much if engine revs are increased (see spike in fuel pressure and revs just before cut out). Hmmm...

Zooming in, you can get a better view of the (indicated) fuel pressure drop during the stutter and engine cut out and how the fuel pressure drops before the FPR current rise.

Conversely, if the ignition is killed with the key, the fuel pressure drops after the FPR current rise. This is the same data zoomed in towards the end.

If there are any D5244T owners who don't mind sharing what their sensors report in similar conditions, it would be interesting to compare.

And, no rush for this, as this has just got my attention:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

What are the chances?? Easy job, this?

Last edited by ca2n; Apr 20th, 2021 at 00:17. Reason: Added more information
ca2n is offline   Reply With Quote