View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 17:45   #9
XCeed

I have just bought a 73 B3 mild hybrid XC40 after trading in a 21 plug in hybrid. Boy, how I wish I hadn’t - the software is a veritable nightmare! The car overall is fine, but setting up the Profiles is very user unfriendly. I have managed to pair two phones (after a LOT of fiddling), but I can only connect Volvo Cars app to one. I have somehow managed to create the maximum number of Profiles, and the system tells me to delete Profiles but I can’t find out how. You get led up loads of blind alleys and on screen instructions useless so I have given up trying ☹️. And don’t get me started on trying to set up the two keys - given up on that too! Link up with Google Maps for the sat nav is good but not straightforward and the screen text is really small and hard to read from the driver seat. I think Sensus was easier to live with, never had any problems with Sat nav and overall software. Generally, the new car has fewer driver options and I now really miss the super smooth electric drive (for first 24 miles) and the incredible economy. But we all make mistakes don’t we? And in any event, still reckon it’s a pretty good car, compared to others.
(Oh, and I broke my vow to never buy a black car again - looks geat when clean but impossible to keep it that way for long!&#129317