View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 11:59   #146
BobaRob

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
Bobarob and Bonefish how did it go? Have you seen much difference in the car since you had P* installed? Especially in Comfort mode?
Overall the car is changed for the better.
In comfort mode, you are aware of the extra power mid range, throttle response is much improved and the gearbox seems to know what gear to be in most of the time. For 80% of your driving you wouldn’t notice, but when overtaking slower vehicles or when you need an extra bit of oomph it does the job much more efficiently.

At the weekend I did a journey of 230 miles on dual carriageway and motorway using cruise / pilot assist for most of it and the average mpg was 47mpg whereas I was getting around 42mpg previously. So under those circumstances the optimisation seems to suit.

I will be towing in a few weeks and am looking forward to seeing if similar mpg gains will be seen.

When in polestar mode, the car is a lot more lively(too much). A big heavy diesel estate is not something I would choose to throw around country roads. It’s a novelty at first, but it doesn’t really add anything.

I have noticed that when in polestar mode, that the handling is much more neutral when pushing on. Prior to tuning, the front end would start to washout under heavy cornering. It’s now much more neutral - due to moving the AWD bias more to the rear.

In summary, -
Was it worth it? Yes

Is it worth the money? Yes and no. I keep cars for around 10 years, so can justify it on that basis.

In short, it transforms the car into what it should have been from the factory. Glad I have it, but annoyed that I had to pay.

On the plus side, the car is worth more today than I paid a year ago. Man maths.

Last edited by BobaRob; Sep 15th, 2021 at 12:01.
BobaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BobaRob For This Useful Post: