Thread: Amazon: - New (to me) 1963 Volvo 122
View Single Post
Old Jan 7th, 2022, 10:41   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

A "holistic" thought on the windscreen surround, doors etc Alan - no doubt you'll have the bumpers off at some point to clean, derust and apply grease/clear Waxoyl/similar to the "hidden" side of the bumpers and no doubt there will be other small places where you notice little bits of rust that will mar the paintwork when you repair them.

Based on the excellent suggestion about removing the screen and repairing the surround then refitting the screen, i would suggest waiting to decide on the doors (and whatever else may transpire) until you've found everything. It may be more cost-effective to have a few patches of primer adorning GAM until all remedial work is done then buy some paint and create a paint booth and give it a complete respray.

I believe new windscreen rubber seals are available (made from modern rubber) but obviously the regulars in this section can advise further on that.

It's nearly a 60 year old car so there will always be something to do but it looks like you have a very nice machine to start with there and it's a different animal to the RB which as you have pointed out elsewhere, wears its 41 year old patina very well.

Good luck with it all and looking forward to the updates on here!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: