View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 20:26   #9
capt jack
VOC Member

I'd always wanted a straight six engined car, and a few years back had the chance to buy a 1997 S90 - like yours the 3 litre 204bhp with an automatic gearbox.

And yes, it's a joy to drive. The sound the engine makes is wonderful, the acceleration is refined and stress-free, the space and grace something even a Rolls Royce owner might envy. Barge-like steering, but thanks to that rear suspension set up, winds round fast corners like an express train on rails.

And yes, the fuel consumption is a bit ah well, steep, I think would cover it. But if you're not doing a big mileage then honestly once you've sampled Volvo 900-series 3-litre motoring, you really wouldn't want anything else.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to look after too.

And if these things matter, I guarantee that when you do venture onto the forecourt you will get admiring glances, and the car will attract "you don't see many like that" comments.

A word to the wise - think about some additional security - Volvos of this age in good order are apparently targeted by thieves.

Enjoy your Big Green Goddess - and fingers crossed that the medics can work some magic for you too.

Cheers

Jack

Last edited by capt jack; Jun 4th, 2021 at 20:29.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: