View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 15:43   #1
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Smile Life with my 960 Estate

So I have proudly owned my Big Green Goddess for 2 weeks now and since she is my first ever Volvo I thought I would detail some of ups and downs of owning such a big beauty

001.jpg

So the good bits so far:

Firstly; she just makes me smile every time I walk out to her, my god I think she's a pretty beast!

Secondly; as my first automatic too I must say I am a convert so easy to drive and I really don't know why I have waited 38 years to buy one?

Thirdly; that 3.0 24v Straight Six white block is a joy overall it's real Grace, Space and some Pace in a great package.

002.jpg

Now the downsides so far:

One: despite the big engine she is no 850 T5R; it's 201 bhp not the 850's 237 bhp and she's really a big luxury girl who can and will hustle you down the road but expect more waft than waaaaaggghhhhh...

That said the road holding is amazing and she does on occasion surprize the Big German Car owners - the look on that Audi, BMW and Merc owners face when you floor it and leave them behind is so worth it.

Two: flooring it is not cheap! She's a big heavy bird and that 3.0 24v straight six will slurp petrol at the best of times if you get a real lead foot the fuel economy is sub 20 MPG as she guzzles her way through your bank account

Three: She's been running rough at idle I have no idea why so she's gone to see Dr Mechanic today and I hope the news is good? I will let you know the outcome when I do...

Overall:

I am loving the Smiles Per Hour that owning this 26 year old beauty is giving me. I would buy another in a heatbeat and really am looking forward to many more (s)miles to come.
nemesisthewarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post: