View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 17:44   #1
goltho
Not my first road EO

Default Car lost power last week then cut out today/wouldn't start

This is (still..) my daughter's car which had a replacement (used) turbo fitted 3 months ago after the original one failed. It's been fine apart from being a bit noisy i.e. whistling in line with load.

Last week, the car effectively went into limp mode & the EML came on with a Reduced Engine Performance message. She said that the turbo was no longer making any noise and clearly wasn't working (she does know what that feels like). So she's continued to drive it minimally pending having it diagnosed (I'm currently moving house so can't even think about it ).

Today, it cut out completely whilst accelerating away normally from a junction (still reduced power). Message stated "Turn key" which she did whilst coasting. It turned over but wouldn't start. She managed to pull in & call me and it still was turning over but not starting.

The AA attended, ran a diagnosis, said there was nothing obvious in his view which would be causing the issue, so "reset" it (presumably cleared all codes). The car then started and has driven at full power normally for 20 miles since.

The AA provided the below summary of what was found. I would much appreciate some input on this. Thanks.

Dougie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1C2152C4-0C88-4DF2-AF51-EC5582F05BC4.jpeg (142.2 KB, 21 views)