Thread: C70 radio issue
View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2021, 21:00   #6
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
As we're on a day out[to Elvington] tomorrow I'll ask her that question Tannaton.One other thing I forgot to mention is it has a tow bar fitted but a previous owner has removed the tow ball and electric socket[s]so I suppose it might also depend on what they did with the wiring when they removed those bits.
Regarding the towbar: it is more than likely the ball and electrics were never fitted. It is a popular handling mod on the convertible to fit the towbar without the ball to 'improve' handling.

As Tannaton mentioned there is an additional antenna within the rear bumper on the drivers side. Remove the boot trim panel and you should find a blue box connected to a coaxial cable and a small black wire going through the body towards the bumper - next to the light cluster. On the attachment you can see the large round hole below the light cluster. On the passenger side the cable for the reversing sensors goes through there and the corresponding hole on the drivers side is for the antenna cable. This is in addition to the electric aerial on the rear wing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20171223_001.jpg (150.6 KB, 15 views)
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote