View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 10:39   #58
arvs31260

Hi,
I have read a few threads now and there are many! The latest issue relates to the software upgrade which also throws an error into the alarm ECU! The software upgrade did not cure my misfiring and the garage are adamant that it is not the ETM at fault so want to have the car for a couple of days to get to the fault. Now I do not have thousands of spare pounds free for Volvo to carry out investigative surgery. But it seems that the crux of the issue relates to the ETM which is clearly failing on hundreds of thousands of cars.
If anyone has seen the film Class Action with Gene Hackman, this fault and the cost of it's replacement is being dealt with by the bean counters referred to in the film. These are number crunchers. In the US, Ford would have faced an inordinate amount of flack had they not attended to the issue.The same goes for Sweden. I think the attitude by Volvo/Ford that they will make a 'contribution' towards the cost is baseed on if the car has constantly been serviced in a Volvo garage (thereby making profit for the dealer so the contribution is a tiny percentage of overall profit.
My car is back in the garage for 2 days on 4/01/07. I am told that they will take parts from a donor car to address each of the fault codes until they have discounted every 'false' fault. If the issue relates to the ETM at that point they will contact Volvo for a 'contribution'. 2 weeks until that happens so in the meantime, its a Merry Xmas to you all and Happy new Year!