View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 15:40   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
I'd want it to be 100% Volvo and 100% stock looking - then you could take it to the local dealer for a service !!

I think most "Turbo Brick" conversions (i.e. 240 with T5 engine) use the M90 5-speed transmission which can still be obtained from 740/940 models etc. Unfortunately all of the factory Volvo V8 installations where with the TF80 6-speed auto so a bell housing will probably have to be fabricated along with a flywheel.

What a traffic light tearaway though....
Couple of points - first, do Volvo dealers still know how to service a 240? Second, Yamaha engine isn't strictly speaking a Volvo engine.

Surely though the whole point of creating a sleeper isn't to stay with anything that might be the original engine (unless you go for big tuning) but fitting a bigger engine and keeping it looking standard on the outside. That's why i'd go for the Lexus lump, much easier to fit into the Volvo engine bay, gearbox options are easy especially if using auto. Perhaps because i'm older i'd want to stick with the auto, that said i've run autos through choice for 35 years so maybe not...........

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote