View Single Post
Old Jul 10th, 2023, 10:38   #23
Petey80
Premier Member

Default New Wipers and Mud Flap Update

It turned out the mud flaps were far too low.

As soon as I pulled off the drive, they scraped across the floor/slope. They also caught the road when I was going round corners....

Not to worry though, put the wheels on full lock and managed to remove them with ease.

Drilled new holes an inch and a half further down and re-installed. Hopefully that should have done the trick. Will again find out this afternoon when I leave the drive on my way to work.

After the recent downpours and thunderstorms we've had, I noted that the wipers weren't the best and left lots of streaks when in use.

New ones were one of the very first purchases I made for Blue, so today, thought I would get them stuck on as it's supposed to rain this afternoon and most of the week.

Of course it had to be BOSCH wipers

Started on the back one first

Like the V50, Blue's rear wiper sweep doesn't cover the entirety of the back window. I know it never will, but as the filth on the window shows, it stops quite a bit before the other side.

So, I pulled the cover up and off

Took the arm off and removed the old blade. Old vs New

And then re-installed the arm a little further round, so it wasn't horizontal

So now it sweeps pretty much evenly on both sides.

I then moved onto the fronts.

Due to the bonnet covering them, they had to be turned on so they were vertical, then turned off. That way the arm can be bent out so you can remove the wipers.

I took the old wipers off and when they were compared to the new ones, the fitment was different......
Luckily they still fitted, which I was thankful for as the box does list the V40 II as a car they fit.

A little bit of plastic did snap off when fitting the drivers side one, but it's locked in place still, so god knows where it came from...

Done

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is online now   Reply With Quote